Call us now ! Send us an email Queen City Dr Suite A Charlotte United States

Back to Top

Call Us Today!
Call Us Today!

Contact Us

Contact Lynne Sizemore, LLC in Charlotte, NC

Let Lynne Sizemore handle all of your Social Security needs. Fill out the form or call now for more information.

  • Reload
  • Frequent Questions

    1. What do I have to prove to be found “disabled”?
    You have to prove that you have a physical and/or mental condition that keeps you from working for 12 continuous months and you may qualify for disability.

    2. What is the difference between Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income disability?
    Eligibility for Social Security disability depends on a person’s earnings records. In most cases, you must work at least five (5) of the last ten (10) years and pay into Social Security to meet the earnings requirement of the Social Security Act. If you do meet the earnings requirement, your medical condition can be reviewed for disability.

    Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income depends on your financial needs. If you have not worked or if you earned very little money, you may qualify for Supplemental Security Income. If you meet the “needs” definition, your medical condition can be reviewed for disability.

    3. Can I qualify for partial disability or temporary disability?
    There are no partial or temporary disability payments for Social Security and Supplemental Security Income claims. You will either be found “disabled” or “not disabled.”

    4. Do I have to wait to be out of work for 12 months before I file my application?
    Absolutely not! If you believe that you will be unable to work for at least 12 months, you should file your application for disability as soon as you can no longer work.

    5. What if I am on sick leave from my company or if I am receiving short-term or long-term disability payments?
    If you believe you will be unable to work for at least 12 months, you should file your application. You are not precluded from filing if you are receiving sick leave or short-term or long-term disability payments.

    6. Can I work while filing a claim for disability?
    Every individual has different issues, so SS has several plans for people who are working their appeal process or receiving their disability. These questions can be addressed during your initial consultation.

    7. When should I ask for someone to represent me?
    You should hire someone as early as possible when you know you can no longer work. We prefer to begin our representation as early in your case as possible and file your appeals. There is no fee unless we win, and we will do all your paperwork. We will explain to you what you can expect throughout your appeal process.

    8. Will Lynne Sizemore, LLC represent me?
    When you call this office, one of our professional staff will obtain information about your claim and schedule an appointment for you to meet with Ms. Sizemore. During the initial appointment, Ms. Sizemore will discuss your case and explain the appeal process. If your case is accepted, there is no fee unless we are successful in winning your claim.

    9. Can I receive worker’s compensation benefits and file for disability?
    Yes, you can file for disability if you will be unable to work for 12 continuous months. However, in most cases, your Social Security checks may be offset by the worker’s compensation payment.

    10. Can I appeal a denial by Social Security?
    Yes, but you must file your appeal within 60 days of the date on the denial letter.

    11. What if I miss my appeal date?
    Social Security will allow you to file a “good cause” statement explaining why you could not file within the 60 days. Some reasons that are usually accepted are the fact that you did not receive your denial, you were in the hospital, there was a death in the family, etc.

    12. What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
    These are the two programs that assist people to receive medical care. If you are approved for Social Security disability, you will qualify for Medicare. Unfortunately, your benefits do not begin until 24 months AFTER your disability benefits begin. The only exceptions are end-stage renal disease and ALS. Medicaid is a program that assists people with low or no income and no resources. You can file separately for Medicaid through your local Department of Social Services.

    Contact Information

    Lynne Sizemore, LLC
    2828 Queen City Drive, Suite A
    Charlotte, NC 28208
    Phone: 704-910-1700
    Fax: 704-910-1202

    Business Hours

    Mon - Thu: 09:30 AM - 04:00 PM
    Fri: 09:30 AM - 12:00 PM